Saturday, January 28, 2017

Tasting- Dona Sol Shiraz, Petite Syrah and Symphony

Name: Dona Sol Shiraz, Petite Syrah and Symphony
Variety: Blend
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: Non-variety
Price: $6.95

Winery Review: Shiraz has a unique jammy fruit character that is well represented in the Sweet Red. Both on the nose and on the palate, jammy fruit, like strawberries, cherry pie and red licorice, entices the senses and pair well with cheeses and desserts. 

My Review: The first sip of this wine was shocking, my palate was not prepared for the amount of sweet that occurred. Subsequent sips however were much better and my palate became acclimated to the sweet taste. This wine had a berry smell and a warm citrus taste. More specific flavors I could taste were crisp orange, cranberry and pomegranate. I would drink this wine again, but I would probably only be able to have one glass.

Paired with food: Not at this tasting, but I would be curious to experiment with pairings because this could be a dessert by itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment