Saturday, January 28, 2017

Tasting- El Cortijillo Verdejo

Name: El Cortijillo Verdejo
Variety: 100% Verdejo
Region: La Mancha, Spain
Country: Spain
Year: 2015
Price: $4.95

Winery Review: "Golden straw color. Bright, attractive, tropical aromas of creme brulee and fruit tart with a silky, bright, dry-yet-fruity light-to-medium body and a smooth, intriguing, snappy lime and apple finish with crunchy, fruit tannins and light oak. A super smooth and pure white sipper."

My Review: Upon my first "sniff and swirl" I will admit I did not gather much other than it smelled like wine. Perhaps this combined with my lack of experience with white wines lead me to a lack of descriptions, even with the help from the wine wheel. Regardless, here goes nothing... This wine is definitely light and has a hint of fruit though my palate is not mature enough yet to determine which kinds. It was a very dry wine and a great place to start though personally it was not my favorite. However, if you know you prefer whites this would be a great one to start with, especially if you're on a budget!

Paired with food: No, just a free tasting for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment