Saturday, January 28, 2017

Tasting- Pieter Cruythoff Chenin Blanc

Name: Pieter Cruythoff Chenin Blanc
Variety: 100% Chenin Blanc
Region: Swartland
Country: South Africa
Year: 2015
Price: $9

Winery Review: "A wonderful nose of bananas, oranges and melons jumps from the glass of this 100% Chenin Blanc, which is finished with a screw cap. Another great value from South Africa, this wine is medium-bodied, fresh, lively, and a terrific dry white to drink over the next year."

My Review: Still my first tasting here so be patient with me regarding the review, eventually I will get better! This white wine was the second one I tasted, and I preferred this over the Verdejo (see my previous tasting post). Still a light wine, but I would dare to say more medium bodied, and definitely not as dry to me. This definitely had a fruity and a hint of a floral taste as well as smell, though I cannot name exact fruits. Finally, though not a sweet wine by any means, it had a hint of sweetness which made it enjoyable.

Paired with food: No, just a free tasting for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment