Sunday, March 26, 2017

Tasting- Codirosso Chianti

Name: Codirosso Chianti
Variety: Blend of Sangiovese, Canaiolo and Colorino
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: 2015
Price: $13

Winery Review: "A heck of a value in Chianti, this delicious blend of 90% Sangiovese, 7% Canaiolo and 3% Colorino offers up notes of licorice, new saddle leather, black cherry and berry fruit, loamy soil undertones and a touch of pepper and herbs. It is medium-bodied, savory and best drunk over the next several years."

My Review: Can I just say, I freaking love Chianti. Yum, delicious, reminds me of Italy. Though this particular one is slightly bitter it has red fruit characteristics which I love. Laughing because my boyfriend told me I wouldn't like this one, I proved him wrong fo-sho.

Paired with food: Not at the tasting, but it would be delicious with my Nonna's red sauce. Or my mom's. Or my dad's. I guess I could make some too,

No comments:

Post a Comment