Sunday, March 26, 2017

Tasting- Ca'Bea Sangue di Guida

Name: Ca'Bea Sangue di Guida
Variety: Blend of Uva Rara, Barbera and Croatina
Region: Oltrepo Pavese
Country: Italy
Year: 2014
Price: $9.95

Winery Review: "Off-dry with a slight fizz, offering bright berry and mineral notes. Medium-bodied, with a clean, fresh palate and fruity finish. This is a rare, sweet red wine that is wonderful with desserts such as dry pastries, cookies and cakes."

My Review: Nope! Too many bubbles which makes me sad because the flavors are actually really good. Reminds me of grape juice except I hate grape juice. Sweeter, bold dark fruit flavors like plums and berries. Really wish there wasn't carbonation in this.

Paired with food: Nope, but if they take the carbonation out I'll give it another chance. Seriously considered buying it and then opening it and leaving it out to let it get flat. But not sure how the oxygen would have affected the flavors. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment