Sunday, March 26, 2017

Tasting- Alvarez de Toledo Mencia Roble

Name: Alvarez de Toledo
Variety: Mencia Roble
Region: Bierzo
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $14

Winery Review: "The 2009 Alvarez de Toledo was bottled just a week before the wine was presented but seems to be showing no symptoms of distress. Balsamic, leather, and black fruits are the principal notes struck by this suave effort that over-delivers in a big way. Like its older sibling, it can be enjoyed now but will have more to say in 2-3 years."

My Review: Smells slightly like florals. Tannins for sure with a much drier finish and bitter. Not getting a lot of fruit or floral flavors in the taste. Probably more earthy and vegetative flavors.

Paired with food: No, and if I wanted to drink my vegetables I would buy V8. But I don't buy V8, I buy wine, so I would like it to be a little less earthy and a little more fruity.

No comments:

Post a Comment