Friday, March 3, 2017

Tasting- Alvaro Domecq Aranda Cream Sherry

Name: Alvaro Domecq
Variety: Aranda Cream Sherry
Region: Jerez
Country: Spain
Year: Non-vintage
Price: $20

Winery Review: "Golden-brown in color, this has heady aromas of cola, nut, nutmeg, root beer and caramel. A pure, creamy palate of cinnamon apple, mocha, coffee and chocolate. It's quite smooth and balanced, and very long on the finish."

My Review: The brown color is throwing me off slightly. Smells like straight bourbon which I don't care for. The flavors remind me of soda without the carbonation and bourbon without the heat. Also has an unexpecting sweet component to it.

Paired with food: No, I disliked this highly. However, if you like bourbon this would probably go well with dark chocolate or rum balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment