Thursday, February 2, 2017

Tasting- Douglas Hill Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Douglas Hill Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: $5.95

Winery Review: "This light, crisp Sauvignon Blanc has aromas of grapefruit, bell pepper, and asparagus. On the palate, hints of floral and honey are revealed to yield a well-balanced, refreshing wine."

My Review: Upon smelling this wine I didn't get much more than just fruity. The taste however, seemed the opposite. It offered more bitter, earthy flavors which lingered on the tongue. I would go as far to say a cat pee aftertaste. Fun fact- this is commonly seen in Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand but is well balanced, it is also world famous.

Paired with food: Not at this tasting, though I feel I needed something to cleanse my palate. Personally I thought this was an unpleasant experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment