Sunday, February 12, 2017

Tasting- Candoni Boungiorno Organic Primitivo, Syrah

Name: Candoni Buongiorno
Variety: Blended: Organic Primitivo and Syrah
Region: Puglia
Country: Italy
Year: Non-vintage
Price: $15

Winery Review: "Black ruby color. Mild, spicy, earthy aromas of spiced berries and plum with a supple, bright, dry-yet-fruity light-to-medium body and a tingling, brisk earth and cinnamon finish with dusty, coating tannins and moderate oak. A sturdy, earthy red for the table." 

My Review: This smells like Italy, I don't know how else to describe it; it brought memories back for me from when I visited two summers ago. A dry, crisp and refreshing wine with berries and red fruits.

Paired with food: No, and I liked this wine a lot. I regret not buying a bottle, so I'll have to go back and get it to pair with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment